Die BLUDENZER TAGE ZEITGEMÄSSER MUSIK laden Komponistinnen und Komponisten ein, sich für den im Rahmen der nächsten Ausgabe des Festivals stattfindenden Workshop/Wettbewerb anzumelden. Das Festival geht vom 15. bis zum 18. November 2018 über die Bühne.
This event will be divided into two parts:
1) Workshop with composer Carola Bauckholt and musicians Eva Zöllner & Heather Roche
A jury consisting of Eva Zöllner, Heather Roche, and Carola Bauckholt will select 6 composers who will have the opportunity to work on a piece (already existing or written for the occasion) for accordion and clarinet (bass clarinet and electronics are possible) that will be performed on the 18th of November 2018. They will also be invited to attend all the events of the festival (rehearsals, concerts, discussion panels), and give a public presentation of their work.
The cost of the masterclass is EUR 350 and includes 4 nights accommodation — arrival on November 15th, 2018 and departure on November 19th, 2018 — a private lesson with Carola Bauckholt, rehearsals, professional recording, and free entrance to the concerts. The Bludenzer Tage zeitgemäßer Musik are able to offer one scholarship, exempting a participant from the participation fee. This scholarship is offered on a needs basis.
At the end of the festival at least one composer, among the selected participants, will be chosen to receive a commission for a new piece to be premiered during the Bludenzer Tage zeitgemäßer Musik Festival 2019 or 2020.
The selected composer will be offered by the festival:
- travel expenses (within Europe: economy flight or second-class rail ticket, whichever is the cheaper; from overseas: a contribution up to a maximum of €550);
- four nights hotel accommodation;
- the composer will receive a one-time payment of €1000. With this payment all rights concerning the public performance within the BTzM Festival 2019 or 2020, the live recording and the possible broadcasting are compensated.
- The BTzM Workshop/Composition-Competition is addressed to composers of all nationalities.
- There is no age limit.
- Applicants can submit up to two scores and two audio files. Chamber music works are preferable.
- If scores are not relevant to your music, you may submit audio and/or any other accompanying documentation in PDF format in lieu of scores.
- All materials submitted must be anonymous. Your name and other identifying information (except gender) will be hidden from the jury. Any submissions containing identifying information such as your name or titles of works cannot be considered.
- Applications open on March 5th, 2018 and end on April 15th, 2018.
- Selected composers will be notified by May 15th, 2018.
- A jury consisting of Eva Zöllner, Heather Roche, and Carola Bauckholt will nominate 6 composers to attend the workshop/competition.
- Selected composers may either submit an existing piece that fits the given instrumentation for performance in Bludenz or write a new piece (no longer than 12 minutes).
- Selected composers who elect to write a new piece for Eva Zöllner & Heather Roche must submit score and parts by September 15th, 2018.