Die ORANGE FACTORY PSYCHOACOUSTIC ARTS schreibt den zweiten internationalen Kompositionswettbewerb in Gedenken an den bulgarischen Komponisten MARIN GOLEMINOV (1908-2000) aus. Die im Bewerb ausgezeichneten Kompositionen werden im Rahmen des SONOGRAMS Festivals für zeitgenössische Musik in Sofia in 2021 oder 2022 aufgeführt. Die Jury wird aus drei international namhaften Musiker*innen bestehen, deren Namen noch bekannt gegeben werden. Komponist*innen aller Nationalitäten und jeden Alters sind eingeladen am Wettbewerb teilzunehmen.
Rules of the Competition
- The works for participation in the competition can be for the following instruments:
Piano and electronics **
Solo clarinet in B flat
Solo clarinet and electronics **
Solo stringed instrument (violin, viola or cello)
Solo stringed instrument (violin, viola or cello) and electronics **
** Electronic part to be mixed on two channel stereo16 or 24 bits, 44.1 or 48 kHz, in *.wav or *.aiff format.
Please do not send files in compressed audio formats (mp3, flac, etc). Applications containing compressed audio cannot be considered.
- Scores of pieces for solo instrument and electronics must contain precise and clear information on how to synchronize between the instrumental and electronic Scores with a difficult-to-perform or difficult-to-understand synchronization method, or one that creates difficulties for the performer, will be disqualified.
- Duration of compositions: 3 – 10 minutes.
- Compositions should be original works by the
- Works which have already been performed are eligible, but compositions which have received prizes in other competitions, are disqualified from
- The compositions for participation in the competition must be composed after
- All possible styles, aesthetic trends and musical idioms are The jury will take into account the aesthetic value, originality, degree of performance, artisticquality and impact of the works.
- Scores can be handwritten, with computer applications for musical notation, and canalso be graphic or text scores, photo collages or
- Applications must include the following materials:
– a brief biography
– score in PDF format
– names of the author
– signed and scanned declaration certifying that the candidate agrees with all conditions and texts in the competition regulations, that this work is an original work and that the author agrees the composition submitted may be performed at festivals organized by Orange
- The competition is not anonymous. All incoming scores must contain the author’s names on the first page.
- Applications must be submitted by e -mail to: email@example.com
- In the case of compositions for instrument and electronics, the audio files containing the electroacoustic material are to be sent via the WeTransfer service to the above e-mail.
- The file name must contain the names of the composer and the title of the work. (Eg JSBach_Fugue_for_harpsichord_and_electronics.wav)
- The deadline for submitting applications for participation is November 25, 2020. Applications received after this date will not be considered.
- Entry Fee: 12.00, payable by PayPal (personal PayPal account or credit/debit card)
Composers can enter more than one piece (Eur 12 entry fee per submission)
- The results of the competition will be sent only to the composers whose works have been awarded prizes.
- After reviewing the submitted works and their analysis and discussion, the jury will award a cash prize of 900 Euros and will determine two more (in addition to the cashprize) compositions to be produced by Orange Factory and promoted at the “Sonograms” contemporary music festival in 2021 or 2022 in Sofia. The awarded works will be presented in round tables, discussions, workshops and eventually radiobroadcasts.
- The jury reserves the right not to award prizes and distinctions if none of the presented compositions is adequate to the subjective criteria of its members for artistic quality, aesthetic content and ethical and artistic
- If the opportunity arises for various institutions and organizations to provide additional funding, the jury will award more than one cash
- The decisions of the jury are final and not subject to discussion or
- Letters of support will be sent to composers who wish to attend the premieres of their works in person, in order to be able to apply for funding for a trip and stay in Bul
- Judicial settlement of any disputes concerning the content of these regulations and/orconcerning the work of the Jury and its decisions and their consequences is excluded